Saturday, May 14, 2011

Scars

I have a scar on my right ring finger.
Do you have a favorite scar story?

Mine goes like this:
So, when I was in 3rd grade roundabouts, I was cutting up some leaves for use as confetti on the playground after school. The people who were supposed to be watching us kids had given me some very sharp scissors with which to accomplish this task. Big mistake. Because I didn't hurt myself with these scissors, but I did hand them off to a much younger child, Matthew, to cut with while I turned my back on our project and talked to someone else for a second.
So, I turned around, hands flailing for some reason, and Matthew just happened to be holding the scissors out and open. My finger got caught between the two blades and Matthew chomped them down in a fit of confusion, thus slicing through the meat of my finger.
Blood everywhere.
And the inept women who were supposed to be watching us didn't even notice until I walked up to them and extended my maimed, blood-drenched hand. That's when they freaked out and made me hold it under the playground tap. Then I had to go get it bandaged and stuff.
Moral of the story: Don't ever give Matthew scissors. He will inadvertently try to kill you.

Ok, so let's hear your scar stories. Where are they and how did you get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment